Detail of : Lactation Counselor Per Diem Job Opening in Springfield
Req#: R7912 Category(s): Education, Patient Education
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem Shift: First
The Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) is an engaged employee who supports the Lactation Consultant Program. CLCs are members of the healthcare team who can provide knowledge and counseling about optimal and suboptimal breastfeeding. The CLC works to solve problems in conjunction with other professionals and strives to provide appropriate referrals and recommendations to the Lactation Consultant. A counseling approach is used to elicit information and provide appropriate support to the mother and her family. The CLC will introduce the Lactation Consultant Program to families during lactation cart rounds. The CLC will distribute breast pumps and breastfeeding products and educate families on their use.
1) Develops and maintains good human relation skills, which are consistent with the principles of the hospital, with patients and their significant others, medical staff, and other employees
2) Assesses breastfeeding success using dialogue with mothers. Assesses for, monitors, and evaluates physical conditions that predispose mothers and babies to a complex breastfeeding experience. Refers complex breastfeeding difficulties to the Lactation Consultant.
3) Uses counseling skills and techniques that are supportive to breastfeeding mothers and babies.
4) Constructs and maintains conditions that predispose mothers and babies to an uncomplicated breastfeeding experience through counseling, education, and support.
5) Monitors and evaluates physical, behavioral, cultural, and social conditions that predispose mothers and babies to complex breastfeeding conditions.
6) Maintains thorough knowledge of current methods, techniques, and practices in lactation support.
7) Employee participates in self development and educational activities. Maintains skills and is aware of current information through journals and conferences, as evidenced through attendance records.
8) Collaborates with Lactation Consultant, Nursing Administration, and Nursing Management in all aspects of the Lactation Consultant Program.
Required Work Experience:
1) None required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Strong interpersonal skills and basic breastfeeding knowledge
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant – International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners
is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
All applications are appreciated and will be treated confidentially.
Only shortlisted candidate will be proceed on the next step.
If you are not interested in Lactation Counselor Per Diem Springfield March 2021 Baystate Health above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Springfield below.
Apply This Job
Submit your application via the link below:
Don't forget to like our fanpage to get updates on the latest job vacancies