Intake Staffing Coordinator Office Care Dimensions Of The Desert Home Health Palm
Intake Staffing Coordinator Office Care Dimensions Of The Desert Home Health Palm
Job Title :
Intake Staffing Coordinator office
7 May 2021
Care Dimensions Of The Desert Home Health
Care Dimensions Of The Desert Home Health Careers 2021 - Care Dimensions Of The Desert Home Health assign a chance to apply Intake Staffing Coordinator office that will be placed in Palm Desert.
Care Dimensions Of The Desert Home Health Job Vacancies 2021
Detail of : Intake Staffing Coordinator office Job Opening in Palm Desert
Responsible for coordinating and handling all aspects of the patient intake process. Establishes and ensures positive and good relationship with all referral sources. Responds to customer requests and concerns. Manages and runs the patient’s insurance verification and secures authorization process.
Every time a patient is referred and admitted into the Agency, a specific discipline or combination of disciplines are involved in the care of this patient. It is the responsibility of the Staffing Coordinator to maintain and update the calendar of services for each patient through the coordination with the clinical supervisor and/or the Director of Patient Care Services. '
Staffing coordinators play a vital role in maintaining a current calendar of services for each discipline involved in each case. This calendar of services are needed to determine if all recommended visits are done for each discipline for purposes of being in compliance with the orders.
Reports to: Director of Patient Care Services (DPCS)/Designee
1. Receives all referrals/inquiries for possible admission.
2. Sends referrals for review by DPCS/Designee for admission approval
3. Check insurance eligibility prior to acceptance of patient referral
4. Secures initial letter of authorization (LOA) for private patients
5. Responsible for Data Entry of all patient referrals, inputting/downloading of documents in the company software.
6. Coordinates with Referral Sources and Liaisons regarding acceptance of patients
7. Triage patient for admission. Responsible in making contact and confirming with patient prior to sending out home health personnel.
8. Ensures smooth transition and preparation of patient to home health by providing patient education.
9. Ensures the patients are admitted according to contract.
10. Coordinates all daily patient referral and intake operations.
11. Ensures compliance with all State, Federal, CHAP and referral/intake regulatory requirements for home health.
12. Maintain HIPAA confidentiality of all pertinent patient information to assure patient’s rights are protected.
13. Responsible in making contact and confirming with patient prior to sending out medical personnel.
14. Updates, emails and maintains admissions log daily.
15. Coordinate with DPCS/Designee on admission status of patient inquiry.
16. Creates the electronic patient chart in the Company Software.
17. Assists the DPCS/Designee with the implementation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure patient admissions as per company policies.
18. Reports to Administrator/DPCS/Designee regarding all patient issues.
19. Establishes, maintains and ensures positive relationships with current and potential patient referral sources.
20. Ensures maximum third party reimbursement by running insurance verification and authorization processes.
21. Discuss and finalize home health service pricing with insurance Case Managers and other payers following approved financial and credit parameters. Coordinate with the DPCS/Designee and Agency Administrator.
22. Provides input for strategic planning to improve services to meet customer needs.
23. Keeps comprehensive working knowledge of all community resources and informs referral sources of all community resources available for the patient.
24. Prepares weekly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) report for Admissions.
25. Submits and presents figures for Quarterly PAC-UR meeting
26. Builds a good perception of the Company as a high quality service provider in the the community.
27. Other related duties and responsibilities that may become necessary or appropriate to meet the administrative needs of the agency.
1. Assigns all required clinicians to an admitted patient.
2. Responsible in making contact and confirming with patient prior to sending out home health personnel.
3. Plots visit schedule for clinicians.
4. Coordinates and schedules labs, IVs, recertification, case conferences and supervisory visits with Clinicians and DPCS/Designee.
5. Reminds each Clinician to bring medical supplies for patient visits.
6. Coordinates visit frequencies with DPCS/Designee for Plan of Care and 485
7. In-charge status of referrals as admitted patient in the Agency software after patient’s admission.
8. Verbally informs clinicians about the patient care and MD order. Refers clinicians to DPCS/Designee for further clinical guidance.
9. Verifies visits have been completed for the day for all patients and clinicians. All missed visits are reported to the DPCS/Designee.
10. Updates/maintains admissions log daily.
11. Verifies eligibility monthly on all prospective patient inquiries/admissions to the Agency.
12. Coordinates with DPCS/Designee on admission status of patient inquiry.
13. Coordinates all Nursing/Rehabilitation staffing and patient needs. a. Notify all involved assigned personnel. b. Upload all nursing and rehab documentations into Agency database system.
14. Assists Intake Coordinator in the Input/downloading of all pertinent patient information into the Agency database system.
15. Responsible in receiving verbal/telephone reports from medical personnel. a. Requests for additional authorization for services from insurance company and/or pharmacy as necessary after patient admission
16. Initiates and updates compliance procedure for each patient admission.
17. Responsible in keeping track of Nursing/Rehab staff availability.
18. Responsible in keeping track of all nursing points.
19. Coordinates with all clinical staffs. a. Faxes all laboratory results to MD/Pharmacy. b. Uploads all clinical documents into Agency clinical database system. c. Responsible in preparing needed medical supplies.
20. Responsible in keeping track of all supervisory visits.
a. Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
b. Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
c. Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
d. Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA)
21. Responsible in maintaining an updated census count daily.
22. Responsible in checking for compliance of Plan of Care.
23. Stays abreast of trends which may affect Agency regulations.
24. Receives and follows work schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as outlined in our established policies and procedures.
25. Maintains HIPAA confidentiality of all pertinent patient information to assure patient’s rights are protected.
26. Reports all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc., to your immediate supervisor.
27. Prepares weekly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) report for Care Coordinator.
28. Assists in answering incoming calls to the office and transferring calls to the appropriate person.
29. Other related duties and responsibilities that may become necessary or appropriate to meet the administrative needs of the agency.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
1. Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: College Degree and experience with Medicare, health insurance and medical terminology preferred; extensive experience as Intake may be accepted in lieu of 4 year degree.
2. Minimum Experience required: Minimum of 2 years of clinical/medical intake experience. Prior experience in one of the following preferred but not preferred: intake, DME or Infusion Company.
3. Minimum Experience required: On-the-job training provided in staffing procedure. Experience in coordinating pre and post-hospital care preferred.
4. Skills Required: Strong multitasking, communication, telephone skills, organizational and interpersonal skills with sensitivity toward Medicare population required.
5. Skills Required: Computer skills required both clinical and clerical programs. Must be able to type a minimum of 45 words per minute and have a working knowledge on medical terminology. Possession of strong organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments.
Physical Job Description Typical Working Conditions:
Typical office environment – no unusual exposures.
Essential Physical Tasks: Must occasionally carry boxes of patient information documents weighing approximately 30 lbs. Work at computer monitors for prolonged periods must guard against eyestrain and muscle pain.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Care Dimensions Of The Desert Home Health e-recruitment website with link as follow :
All applications are appreciated and will be treated confidentially.
Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Intake Staffing Coordinator office Palm Desert June 2021 Care Dimensions Of The Desert Home Health above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Palm Desert below.
Apply This Job
Submit your application via the link below:
Don't forget to like our fanpage to get updates on the latest job vacancies