Detail of : Police Service Specialist Domestic Crimes Job Opening in Arlington
Under general supervision, investigate criminal offenses as assigned in compliance with the Penal Code, Code of Criminal Procedure, court rulings, traffic laws, District Attorney's guidelines, and department policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ability to review offense reports for completeness and satisfactory documentation of occurrence of law violation, legibility and coherence, and return inadequate reports according to established procedures.
2. Ability to obtain information from victims, witnesses, and suspects through personal interviews and telephone conversations and from arrested and detained persons through personal interviews and/or interrogations in secure and non-secure facilities.
3. Ability to prepare case reports, file cases, and to originate offense and incident reports when necessary.
4. Ability to testify in court as required. OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
5. Ability to take statements and confessions and conduct photo and standup lineups.
6. Ability to identify and recover property through pawn shop procedures, consent to search, and search warrants.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Knowledge of investigative practices and methods.
Knowledge of laws relating to search and seizure, arrest and the rules of evidence.
Knowledge of court decisions concerning admissibility of testimony and confessions.
Knowledge of interrogation and interview techniques and methods.
Knowledge of the proper procedures for the identification and preservation of evidence.
Skill to interpret and understand criminal and traffic laws, Code of Criminal Procedure, city ordinances, city Personnel Policies and Procedures, and police department policies and procedures.
Skill in recording and organizing data.
Skill in identifying and using potential sources of data.
Skill in making independent judgments.
Skill in securing physical evidence.
Skill in following and presenting oral and written instructions.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment including, but not limited to personal computer, terminal, telephone, copier and fax machine.
Ability to enter and retrieve data from computer systems.
Ability to communicate in writing and orally.
Ability to communicate by way of two-way radio.
Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with other agencies and the general public.
Ability to perform a variety of physical skills including, but not limited to filing, sorting, stooping, QUALIFYING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The above knowledge, skills and abilities may be demonstrated by two years of college with at least two years experience working in a police department or related field. Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Only shortlisted candidate will be proceed on the next step.
If you are not interested in Police Service Specialist Domestic Crimes Arlington June 2021 City Of Arlington above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Arlington below.
Apply This Job
Submit your application via the link below:
Don't forget to like our fanpage to get updates on the latest job vacancies