Detail of : Birth Registration Specialist Job Openings in Denver
*Shift: Monday-Friday with rotating weekends
*Hybrid position. Work from home & onsite. Job Summary
Under minimal supervision, responsible for the collection of comprehensive demographics and clinical data for the birth certificates in accordance with state regulatory requirements for legal and statistical purposes facilitating timely and accurate data in a fast-paced dynamic and demanding environment. Analyze & abstracts data from the electronic health record for mandatory reporting to The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Vital Records Division. Maintains confidentiality complying with HIPPA regulations. Performs functions in accordance to CDPHE established timeframes. Responsibilities 1. Interviews patients to collect comprehensive demographics, legal data required to register newborns for birth certificate completion, including an Acceptance of Parentage, as applicable to avoid required fee for service by the CDPHE.
2. Analyzes and abstracts statistical clinical data from the electronic Legal Medical Record and performs data entry into the CDPHE electronic system, required data not to exceed 7 days’ from newborns date of birth, per CDPHE timeline.
3. Collaborates with hospital Obstetrical staff for specific situations not requiring a birth certificate ie, fetal deaths and/or other difficult circumstances for optimal patient experience (ie, adoption/social service intervention/correctional facility).
4. Assists CDPHE with birth certificate correction requests. Researches the reported error and submits required documentation to ensure the error(s) are corrected. Knowledge to understand/articulate the State Paternity laws and other requirements related to the birth registration process to parents and hospital staff.
5. Submit newborn data to Social Security Administration to obtain social security number.
6. Completes ‘newborn’ name changes within the electronic Legal Medical Record, for each birth, to ‘legal name’ daily.
7. Initiates and compiles information for the birth certificate verification workflows performed by the Data Integrity team.
8. Prepares, scans, and indexes birth certificate documents into the electronic Legal Medical Record.
9. Provides supplemental resource documentation to further assist with newborn identification to the patient.
10. Performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Bilingual in Spanish Required.
2. Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to understand and translate of Colorado State Paternity laws and other requirements related to the birth registration process.
5. Ability to prioritize and perform a multitude of duties in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
6. Ability to be versatile in all areas of responsibility and accommodate numerous situational types. 7. Ability to analyze data and make critical thinking decisions based on information gathered, identify patients that are unable to participate in the interview/registration process due to injury, age or other undetermined barriers.
8. Ability to promote positive customer service in a high demand 7 day a week including holiday’s environment, in every encounter.
9. Excellent telephone skills, critical analytical/investigative thinking skills, with an emphasis on exceptional customer service.
1 0. Ability to 10 key and entry of complex data. Computers and Technology
1. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
2. Familiarity with imaging system applications and other related technologies. Epic and/or previous EHR experience preferred.
3. Vital Records application knowledge preferred. Education
1. High School Diploma or GED Certificate required.
2. A combination of 2 years customer service, professional clerical or healthcare experience required.
3. Experience in Health Information Management or in a healthcare environment preferred.
4. Birth Certificate and/or other clinical abstraction experience preferred.
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver’s 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Foundation.
As Colorado’s primary safety net institution, is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
“ is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.”
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Denver Health e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Birth Registration Specialist Denver November 2020 Denver Health above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Denver below.
Apply This Job
Submit your application via the link below:
Don't forget to like our fanpage to get updates on the latest job vacancies