Detail of : Farm Horticulture Coordinator Job Openings in Peninsula
Responsibility: The Farm & Horticulture Coordinator reports to the Director of Hale Farm & Village. This position is responsible for the health and safety of all HFV livestock and to ensure that they are effectively viewed and educationally interpreted for all visitors; for the museum’s horticultural operation; to care for the farm buildings, farm machinery, fields, and gardens; to teach 19th century history to diverse audiences using a variety of techniques; to provide exceptional customer service; to supervise, coordinate, and to serve as a resource and role model to interpretive staff, volunteers, and interns.
Classification: This position is classified a full time professional and is non-exempt from overtime compensation.
Coordination: Coordinates all Farm activities with the HFV Director and works closely Education & Public Program Manager and the Preservation and Maintenance Department.
1. Provide the visiting public with informative, accurate, and engaging information about Hale Farm & Village and 19th century agricultural history in the Western Reserve and America through demonstrations of 19th century skills, farm chores, and interpretation of historic gardens, and animal husbandry.
2. Care for the health, safety, cleanliness, and breeding schedule of all HFV animals.
3. Recommend and oversee the acquisition and removal of livestock based on health, temperament and program requirements.
4. Responsible for training all livestock and for the training of all personnel involved in the handling of livestock
5. Responsible for coordinating with the Education & Public Program Manager for scheduling, production and delivery of all agricultural programs used in demonstrations throughout HFV
6. Maintenance of fences, gates, feed troughs, barns, and outbuildings in coordination with the Maintenance and Preservation Lead.
7. Participate in general and reservation based programming
8. Wear period appropriate clothing when necessary
9. Continually improve the historical authenticity of the museum.
10. Maintain the physical cleanliness of the agricultural program equipment, grounds, and buildings.
11. Act as the direct liaison to Great Lakes Brewing Company’s Pint Size Farm – responsible for the annual partnership renewal, setting annual priorities, and suggesting new ways to collaborate and elevate organic farming that leverage this unique relationship.
12. Proactive seeks out and secures cash and in-kind support for HFV Farm and Horticulture Initiative
13. Suggest and implement farm-focused earned revenue activities such as workshops, demonstrations and online videos to increase engagement of audiences with Hale Farm & Village.
14. All other duties as assigned by Hale Farm & Village management.
1-3 years experience in a living history farm operation preferred; a degree in agriculture, animal husbandry, or related field. The incumbent should possess a strong working knowledge of farm animal husbandry (horses, cows, sheep, goats, swine, chickens and fowl). Ability to operate farm equipment and machinery is required.
The Farm & Horticulture Coordinator should have experience with farming, gardening, and general maintenance. Experience with school tours, outreach programs, and special events are preferred. The position requires working weekends and evenings, and a willingness to perform a wide range of responsibilities is expected.
This position must actively support & respect Hale Farm & WRHS’ mission, policies, people and procedures, as well as demonstrate professional behavior, a positive attitude in working with the visiting public, dependability and reliability. The Farm & Horticulture Coordinator must demonstrate superior responsibility and supervisory skills.
Incumbent will exemplify WRHS’s core values – Integrity, Innovation, Stewardship, Diversity & Inclusion, and Excellence.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to Jennifer Dukes, HR Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33,000.00 - $35,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Horticulture: 1 year (Preferred)
Gardening: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver's License (Preferred)
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Application will be treated strictly confidential.
Only shortlisted candidate will be proceed on the next step.
If you are not interested in Farm Horticulture Coordinator Peninsula June 2021 Hale Farm & Village above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Peninsula below.
Apply This Job
Submit your application via the link below:
Don't forget to like our fanpage to get updates on the latest job vacancies