Central Coast YMCA Careers 2021 - Central Coast YMCA is seeking a new employee to apply Sports Coordinator that will be placed in Monterey.
Central Coast YMCA Job Vacancies 2021
Detail of : Sports Coordinator Job Opening in Monterey
TITLE: Sports Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Facility Director DATE: June 2021
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Facility Director, the Sports Coordinator manages the Sports programs and provides direction to the accomplishment of goals and objectives for Fiscal Management, Program Development, Member Satisfaction, and Administration.
The Sports coordinator will also aid the Facility Director in Membership and serves as support for other staff and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Works within the plan set by the Facility Director to plan, implement, supervise, lead, facilitate and/or participate with enthusiasm in activities, such as sports, games, and social recreation.
· Provides leadership and direction for a safe, supervised atmosphere in a drug, alcohol, sexual, smoke and profanity-free environment.
· Provides direct supervision to Youth and Adult Sports, including developing, monitoring, and meeting budgeted outcomes on all related budget account lines.
· Manages human resources cycle including the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, supervision, annual review, and recognition for all staff members on the sports staff, ensuring proper personnel practices are followed.
· Establish systems for enrollment, program fee collection, refunds and record keeping for all participants and staff in Sports Programs. Assures such systems are accurate and effectively used as evidenced by meeting or exceeding revenue targets for those programs.
· Manages the development, distribution, collection, and analysis of participant evaluations to measure satisfaction in Sports. Uses information from program evaluations to improve program effectiveness, involving staff, parents, and participants.
· Communicates with parents of participants over behavioral and logistical issues.
· Purchases supplies and maintains accurate records of all money spent.
· Assesses needs and ensures that program objectives are met.
· Serves as a positive role model and provides, by example and leadership, motivation, and direction to all Central Coast YMCA participants.
· Attends all required trainings and staff meetings.
· Arrives on time for scheduled work shifts and performs work duties the entire shift.
· Refers anything that appears out of the ordinary to the Facility Director.
· Reports all accidents to Facility Director, without exception.
· Follows all Central Coast YMCA and branch policies and procedures.
· Acts in a safe and acceptable manner, follows established safety procedures, uses appropriate safeguards, and observes common sense rules of safety in all on-the-job activities. Ensures coworkers and participants do the same.
· Embraces the asset-building approach to healthy youth development and incorporates asset development into all aspects of their work.
· Conducts self in a manner that reflects credit on the Central Coast YMCA and encourages others to do the same.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· High school diploma or completed high school equivalency.
· A minimum of two years of college is required.
· Two or more years’ experience in related recreation, leisure services or related field with emphasis on programs for youth, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the desirable knowledge, skills, and abilities.
· Demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate and participate in engaging activities.
· An understanding on the fundamentals of sports, coaching, and the use of different exercise equipment available at the YMCA.
· Ability to effectively present information to management, coworkers, and participants.
· Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills, Requirements, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
· At least 21 years of age or have 2 years’ experience working with groups of youth.
· Ability and willingness to work as a team.
· Enthusiastic, dependable and a sense of humor.
· Willing to follow directions and take initiative.
· Understanding of the YMCA missionand a willingness to demonstrate the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in interactions with participants, staff, and parents of participants.
· Even-tempered and able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing priorities.
· Interest in, and ability to interact with, and have positive impacts upon participants.
· Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
· Background screening
· A neat, clean appearance. Other than the conservative use of earrings, no visible body piercings are acceptable (pierced tongues are not allowed).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Also required to climb, push, and pull.
· Acts in a safe and acceptable manner, follows established safety procedures, uses appropriate safeguards, and observes common sense rules of safety in all on-the-job activities. Ensures coworkers do the same.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Assistance is required above this amount. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Central Coast YMCA on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Application will be treated strictly confidential.
Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Sports Coordinator Monterey August 2021 Central Coast YMCA above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Monterey below.
Apply This Job
Submit your application via the link below:
Don't forget to like our fanpage to get updates on the latest job vacancies