Legacy Hospice Of The West Vacancies 2021 - Legacy Hospice Of The West give away a chance to fill Social Worker that will be placed in Miami.
Legacy Hospice Of The West Job Vacancies 2021
Detail of : Social Worker Job Opening in Miami
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The social worker contracted or employed through the organization is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services and for adherence to all conditions in the Service or Employment Agreement which include providing care based on the Social Work Practice Act.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group. Provides an assessment in the patient's identified residence and assistance when this is not safe and another plan is required.
2. Carries out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, volunteer needs, bereavement risks, communication patterns, high-risks for suicide, neglect or abuse and plans intervention based on evaluation findings. Counsels patient and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties. Provides crisis intervention when necessary.
3. Assesses for, and educates interdisciplinary group, on any special needs related to the culture of the patient and family. Includes communication, role of family, space, and any special traditions or taboos.
4. Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work prepares clinical and progress notes.
5. Educates patients and families on, and assists in, preparation of advanced directives.
6. Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
7. Provides information to patients and families/caregivers and community agencies .
8. Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
9. Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
10. Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and personnel.
11. Participates in the development of the individualized plan of care, involving the patient and family, and attends regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings, assisting the team in recognizing the effects of the psychosocial stresses on the symptoms of the terminal illness.
12. Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotion al factors related to health problems and death/dying issues.
13. Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
14. Assists family and patient in planning for funeral arrangements, financial, legal, and health care decision responsibilities.
15. Other duties as delegated by the Clinical Supervisor.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Meets state specific guidelines education and licensure requirements. Meets personnel qualifications stated in §418.114(b)(3).
2. Minimum of one (1) year's experience in health care, hospice experience preferred. Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
3. Experience in a hospice care preferred.
4. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
5. Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
6. Must be licensed with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Addendum Social Worker Policy
418.114 (b) (3) State Specific Social Work Qualifications according to State Regulations
Alabama "Social Worker" means a person who holds at least a bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work, and is currently licensed by the State of Alabama or supervised in accordance with Title 34, Chapter 30 of Code of Alabama, 1975 Arkansas A hospice social worker must at least meet one of the following options: 1. Have an MSW degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), and one year of experience in a health care setting. 2. Have a baccalaureate degree in social work (BSW) from a school of social work accredited by the CSWE, and one year of experience in a health care setting and be supervised by a MSW from a school of social work accredited by the CSWE and who has one year of experience in a health care setting. If the BSW is employed by the hospice before December 2, 2008, he/she is exempted from the MSW supervision requirement. 3. Have a baccalaureate degree in psychology, sociology, or other field related to social work, and at least one year of social work experience in a health care setting and be supervised by a MSW from a school of social work accredited by the CSWE and who has one year of experience in a health care setting. Louisiana Qualifications. The social worker shall be an individual who holds a current, valid license as a social worker (LMSW) issued by the Louisiana State Board of-Social Work Examiners (LSBSWE), has master's degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, and who meets the following: a. has at least one year of health care experience; b. has documented clinical experience appropriate to the counseling and casework needs of the terminally ill; c. shall be an employee of the hospice; and d. when the social worker is employed by one or more agencies, he/she shall inform all employers and cooperate and coordinate duties to assure the highest performance of quality when providing services to the patient. Mississippi "A minimum of a bachelor's degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education. This individual must be licensed in the State of Mississippi." Missouri A person who has at least a bachelor's degree in social work from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education Oklahoma A person who has a degree from a school accredited or approved by the Council on Social Work Education and conforms to the requirements of the State Licensure Laws of Oklahoma for Social Workers. Tennessee Medical Social Services. Medical social services must be provided by a qualified social worker under the direction of a physician, in accordance with the plan of care.
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Legacy Hospice Of The West system at :
Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are not interested in Social Worker Miami June 2021 Legacy Hospice Of The West above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Miami below.
Apply This Job
Submit your application via the link below:
Don't forget to like our fanpage to get updates on the latest job vacancies